Thursday, September 29, 2016

as if being too far to windward was not enough reason not to visit...

Buckwheat Zydeco is no longer with us, a whole lot of sense being made, and in the "I still don't understand why we're not seeing perp walks" department...

So, according to the new October issue of  Blue Water Sailing, Barbados has now added a flat $2000 annual fee per boat to the cost of visiting the island. Apparently the powers that be in Barbados think it's going to attract more tourism...

Yeah right!

Offhand, I can't say such antics of clueless bureaucrats on small islands with not much to offer in the grand scheme of things is going to affect me one way or the other as Barbados is just not on my places to windward I ever need to go to.

That said, dumb ideas are a lot like the common cold and tend to spread so I wouldn't be at all surprised to see such silliness popping up elsewhere.

Just saying...


Listening to The Main Squeeze

So it goes...