Thursday, January 19, 2017

on the subject of freedom...

Crimes however you want to define them, laugh deficient, and Trump chooses a "yachtie" congressman (Speaking of which, have I ever mentioned how much I detest the terms "YACHTIE" and "Yacht"?)...

The other day I got an email accusing me of "Tilting at windmills" and pointing out that the only way to achieve freedom on a boat was to have a large income and a big fat bank balance. Which, not to beat a dead horse, is a far too common thread to a lot of the emails I get to BoatBits.

So it does go when you're paddling against wind and current...

There's a quote (and no, dear reader, it is not the faux Mark Twain quote that everyone uses) by the late Edward Abbey which pretty much sums up the freedom does not rise from the possession of large amounts of cash argument.

"Freedom begins between the ears"

Listening to some great Warren Zevon covers

So it goes...