Thursday, May 18, 2017

The cost of stuff...

A truly impressive voyage, a needful reminder, and in the "If I were a betting man" department...

So, there's this really nice 38-foot sailboat for sale and they are asking $35K. Make that really, really nice.

It has all the stuff you'd need to go cruising, has recently had a pretty extensive refit, and all the stuff you normally might want to consider replacing or upgrading has been replaced or upgraded...

Have I mentioned it is also a seriously pretty boat?

I'm pretty sure the word I'm looking for is...

Turnkey.

The fact is, I keep seeing boats just like this selling for less than $40K on a regular basis. Boats with no real issues that don't need a small fortune and daunting amount of labor poured into them are on the market and ready to go.

Add to that the fact that asking prices are just that. Good boats can often be had for a lot less if you're adept at haggling.

Just saying...

Listening to SEKAI NO OWARI

So it goes...